The much anticipated and long-awaited day has come to the end. I finally know which university I’m going to enrol and what course I’m getting. Well, it’s totally out of my expectations and not ready for this sudden change. Now, it’s a matter of accepting the offer or not. All the hoo-ha started when one of my MSN friends sent me a message telling me that we can check our public university application status with a website link. Then, I double-clicked on the link and led me to a new window written there ‘Semakan Keputusan Permohonan Kemasukan ke IPTA’. So, I key in my MyKad number, category and the Angka Giliran number. Then, I move the mouse cursor and click ‘Masuk’. My application status popped out and this is the results.
TAHNIAH!Anda telah berjaya ditawarkan program seperti di bawah :
KOD PROGRAM : SE02
NAMA PROGRAM : PERAKAUNAN
IPTA : UNIVERSITI SAINS MALAYSIA (USM)
SHOCKING! SHOCKING! My mind straightaway goes blank. My mouth opened widely and totally speechless. I totally in a state of shock and the first word came out from my mouth is the F word. My reactions sent shockwaves to my parents. My dad came to me and asked what happen. I pointed my finger at the monitor and he looked. After that, he just smiled and said nothing while I was laughing insanely like a stupid, idiotic people. I can’t believe what I see with my very own eyes! I still haven’t recovered from the shock. What the heck is happening? Accounting? Oh my God! Then, my dad said “It’s not that bad getting accounting course apart from engineering courses. At least you got a place in university and it’s still one of your eight choices.” My mind at that time was telling me “Okay. Accounting is not that bad right? Accept the fact that you got it.” I am just staring at the monitor blankly and in disbelief. Yeah! I did put accounting as one of my choices but I just applied for fun because seniors advised us not to put the same course but different universities in all our eight choices as it was a waste of our choices. So, I applied five different engineering courses and three arts stream courses. I pinned my hopes on getting engineering courses apart of what kind of it. But what I get is accounting course. SHOCKING! SHOCKING! At the same time, many chat session windows popped out asking me what course and university I got. You must be thinking why I’m so shocked because Accounting in USM is quite good.
Let me take you back to the year of 2004 where I first step into the second phase of my secondary life. This is the time when we’re divided and allocated to which stream the school thinks you suitable to study in Form 4 based on our PMR results. I’m in the science stream. At that time, all of us were talking how many extra subjects we will take besides the ten main subjects. Four friends and I decided to take up Prinsip Akaun subject for our SPM in the future and quickly registered ourselves in a tuition centre. After half year, three of them decided to quit and left two of us. Both of us continue taking the tuition until at the end of the year where we both decided to give up the subject. The reason I quit mainly due to insufficient time and too many tuitions in hand. Last time I was quite playful and active in sports too. Tuition classes itself already took most of my time plus school homework. So, I always sleep less than 4 hours every single day. Therefore, I decided to call it a day and focus on the ten main subjects. After I obtained my SPM results in the year of 2005, I scored quite good results and from that moment, I felt that my decision of dropping Prinsip Akaun is worthwhile. With my SPM results, I applied some scholarships but failed to get one. So, my parents asked me to study Form 6 and I went in. Well, after my SPM examination, I work in one accounting firm doing taxation for a few months with one year basic in accounting. Although my boss said I’m a quick learner and even advised me to take accounting in the future. The problem is I chose science stream not art in Form 6. I chose Physics as my main subject too. In these two years, I study science not art. And now I get Accounting course in university! Oh my God! I really have no idea what to do now. Should I take the risk pursuing this course? I really doubt my capability but my parents like wanted me to take it and had confidence in me that I can handle it. My mind is so messed up. Everyone advised me not to take it because I don’t have the basic and it will be extremely tough for me to go through. Everyone is like thinking that a full-time science student taking up degree in art subject in university and succeed? What a joke they said. I still haven’t makes my decision but it don’t leave me much choice to accept the offer. One more thing is my scholarship is in deep trouble. Most probably my scholarship goes down the drain.
5 comments:
haiya..jz ark, just accept it. If u reject it, where else u want to go? in my opinion lar..account in usm really good. I got some senior in USM say their account certified by ACCA then got some 'ang mo lang' visit there b4. Besides that..they also say uum,um,usm,ukm and upm memang good in account. The best is UUM if not mistaken. Maybe later on we will study the same course also..haha..who knows? But i feel ur case ar..really weird..no basic also can get =.= but account is not hard,it's easy. But must see whether u interested with numbers or not. Think wisely whether to accept to reject that offer lor..if me i sure accept d. U know lar..usm acc was my 1st choice but tak jadi..sobs..sama sama terima the hakikat lar..
i believe u can catch up lar if u put more effort. I feel when go U the things we learn is more wide.. Maybe only relate A LITTLE BIT of basic only. and also probably will learn SOME BASIC before go further..if u got problem can ask professor there..or me..LOL!
GOOD LUCK!!!
hmm... It will be a tough choice to choose to take or not to take.. however, ur future is all in ur hand.. so u need to make up ur mind either to accept or not..
i've come across the way to make a decision too, of coz, ain't easy at all...everyone knows, but when the time comes, u need to dcide too... just go ahead as what u think in ur mind...=)
good luck dude!
when i make up my mind,i will tell u lor..MAYB!haha =P
try to change the course after u enter usm
change course after i enter usm??
Post a Comment