Next is the AISEC. I’m sure some of you wonder what AISEC is. Eventually, AISEC is an international club where Malaysia is one of the branches. It’s like some sort of a platform for those who interested to learn and hone your leadership and communication skills. Besides, you can learn how to manage people and interact with people from different backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles etc. What is the most attraction part about this club is this club can provide a platform for us to do our internship overseas. What I mean is we are not surely getting to do internship overseas but there is still chances that I might get lucky enough to have that opportunity, right? Since I was small, I wish I could travel around the world to see how big our world is. I want to broaden my knowledge and experience. I don’t like to wait for something to be provided for me as I want to grab it with my very own efforts. This is the chance I’m looking for. This is a golden opportunity right in front and calling me. I could get the chance to go overseas and knowing people around the globe! Now you know why I still join this club even though I was so busy with my studies and some club activities. For now, I just need to concentrate with my studies and stay active at the same time.
However, to be an AISEC member, we must attend a program and undergo interviews again. However, they called this interview as ‘chit-chat’ session. YES, interview again! Oh my God, how many interviews I have to go? But I can’t join the program scheduled which clashes with my activities. They said if I miss any of those two programs, I can’t be an AISEC member. So sad! It’s like everything in the world collapsed and all my hopes are dashed! However, I send an email to the vice president and told her about my situation with a hope that she could exempt me. I keep browsing my mailbox for a few days but there is no reply from her. Every time I saw my mailbox got new emails, my heart was filled with hopes and anxiety. I slowly move the cursor to “Inbox” and clicked it. While waiting for the page to load, those few seconds needed to load that page was like a few minutes taken from my life. Once it was loaded, I quickly looked who is the sender. What the heck! It was just a spam message. A few days later, I received an email from her stating that I can go for the ‘chit-chat’ session and tell her which time slot I wanted for the session. What a relief! At one day, I went for the interview. Guess what? I was being interviewed by the AISEC president. Do you still remember that in the previous blog, I told that I was being interviewed by the accounting club president?) Both interviews for both club also me being interviewed by the respective president! Poor me! During the interview, it was like a Q & A session but after a while, it was like a normal conversation. No wonder they said it’s a ‘chit-chat’ session. I was asked about what are my strengths and weaknesses; what can I contribute; how can I contribute; and am I willing to sacrifice my time. After that, I was requested to choose two out of three departments that I interested in. After a couple of minutes, the session is over and the results will be out a day after tomorrow. What a day I had!
Two days later, I kept checking my mailbox to know the results whole day but still nothing. Then, my hopes were like fading away as the day goes by. I still didn’t throw in the towel and continued to check my mailbox until the next day. At the night after tomorrow, finally I get the email and I managed to become the AISEC member! In fact, those who went for the interview also got it. I was so happy knowing that I’m a step closer to my dreams again! Haha! My dreams are very much alive and I’m all fired up!
This is the end of the third part. Actually, all these events already happened a month ago and I didn’t have the time to update my blog as frequent as I could last time. However, I’ll still write about it even though it already happened a short period ago. Maybe it disappoints you and I am sorry about that. I just finished my midterm examination which takes about a month. Now, I’m busy completing all my assignments in time. Hopefully, all of you don’t mind about it and anticipate for more. I’ll try to update my blog if I have the time to do so. The next part is on the way as I need to reminisce about all those events again. It’s really use most of my brain cells for it. Haha!
3 comments:
glad 2 hear dat u r halfway in achieving ur dreams =) the president themselves interview u is a privilege la.it shows dat u r important.lol!kip up ur hardwork n all the best
no other meaning being interview by the president..it just happen randomly n i always unfortunate to get da president.no special privilege =(
Oit! U spell AIESEC wronfly *hits on de head few times*
Post a Comment