Thursday, November 27, 2008

Holiday Season

Hello. I’m currently enjoying every bit of my holidays at home. Perhaps I should say I had turned into a lazy bone. This is to compensate all that I had sacrificed for my final exam. Above and beyond, I’m recuperating my health and strength. My health had been deteriorating due to physical and mental fatigue. A lot of people also said that I’m very thin. In point of fact, I’m not on a diet and I truly consumed a lot. If you want evidences, you can ask my course mates who always have meals with me. For your information, I fell sick at the day two of examination - sore throat, bad flu and serious headache. All this minor sickness added together really can bring you down completely. Never underestimate all this illness. In order to survive in these two weeks of examination, I took every effort to keep myself going like these:

Headache –Take some Panadol and go to sleep

Advantage: Make you feel slightly better
Disadvantage: Put you into a good sleep for long hours which indirectly took up your study time.

Sore throat – Drink coughing mixture like “Pei Pa Gao”

Advantage: Relieve your throat and it tastes good too
Disadvantage: Relieve for a couple of minutes. After that, start to cough again

Flu – Take flu pills or makes yourself a cup of Chinese-“BOH” teabags-like drink (Ho Yan Hor, Ah Poh Cha etc.)

Advantage: If you take the flu pills, your flu is cured in a minute. It’s absolutely effective. If you take the drink, it will take your flu some time to recover. It’s worth for a try.
Disadvantage: If you take the pills, it will put you in dreamland in a minute too. If you take the drink, it just treats the flu for a day. The next day, you have to repeat the steps again until it naturally make well. There is a side effect. It’s advisable not to drink it at night. According to some people, it will keep you awake whole night (I still sleep soundly after drink it)

*The effects are varied depending on the condition of the person and the effectiveness of immune system of the person. If any of the symptoms persist, consult doctor.

This is the ways how I endure those grueling two weeks of examination. At the same time, I took almost fifteen packets of instant mee in two weeks time. It’s totally bad for health. Don’t ever try this! I’m forced to do these because I always feel very hungry while studying. Even all my biscuits also finished. Therefore, I had to rely on instant mee. It saves you from starvation but at the same time, it damages your brain cells. I wonder how many brain cells died in my brain. Oh, my brain becomes a large-scale cemetery. For these holidays, I ate and rest all I can! I was bombarded with variety of herbal soups and some nutritious foods. Moreover, I tried to gain some weight since so many people said I’m skinny. Huhu!!

Recently, I just go out for a drink with my friends which mostly came back from Australia for their break. It’s really nice to see them again. The feelings with your old friends can’t be compared easily with the feelings with your newly made friends. However, there are some still haven’t back yet. Too bad, from 3rd to 10th December, I’ll be in UPM for MyLds. I wonder how it’ll be going to be like because this is my first time. From what I know about the events and activities awaiting us, it looks cool and I might have a good time there. Now, I just can wonder. Possibly, I might blog about it after I come back from the seminar. I apologize first if I didn’t blog about it because I’m not a frequent blogger and not in the blogging mood. In fact, the initial purpose I blog is to release my anger and frustration in words. I never meant to share my blog site to anyone. Haha!

1 comment:

冰冰-ping said...

hmmm..u take 15 packets of maggi me in a week!! oh my god..no wonder u're THAT SLIM laaa....shud've buy more biscuit this and that..betta than eating those maggi me....