Hello. I’m back again. At first, I thought I don’t want to blog anymore because all the blogs I wrote were almost similar and sounded monotonous after a while. I mean to all of you who read my blog as I’m not a good writer. Anyway, today I’ll write something that happens in my life. Last two days, my dad and I were in KL for my scholarship award ceremony. The whole ceremony was OK and went smoothly. There were some newspaper journalists and ntv7 cameraman (I know he was from ntv7 because his camera had ntv7 logo) Haha! Oh ya. I got the chance to see those friends I made during interview session last time include my ‘jie jie’, Swee Ling! I was very happy to see her because she was very cute and we chatted for a while. This message is for you. Don’t call me “tu zi” lor (it means rabbit in Mandarin) because of my teeth. It makes me sad. Haha! Just joking! Glad to see you again that day! There were twenty five people will be receiving scholarships where fifteen people will be taking employee’s scholarships to further their studies (if I didn’t listen wrongly) and ten of us who will be receiving scholarships for our tertiary education. Out of ten people, there was only got three guys where two Indian guys and me. We rocks! Haha! After some speeches, the ceremony began. One by one went up to take a scroll with checks inside. Each and every one of us got the chance to get photographed by newspaper journalists. When my name was called, I slowly walked down the red carpet and shook hands with the RWB president. After I took the scroll, here I come. I posed in front of the cameras with my hands holding my scroll. So do the president. SMILE! The flashes of the cameras were coming everywhere. I almost blurred with those flashes! Around six cameras aimed at us and keep snapping our photos. For the first time in my life, I got what it feels being in front of so many cameras like other Hollywood stars. Since I was small, I keep wondering why all these superstars like to pose in front of cameras and what it feels like. That day, I got the taste of it. It really makes you feel good and proud about yourself. The feelings were…..enormous! At the same time, I felt that I made my parents proud as my dad was trying to snap my pictures among all those cameramen. It was some sort like an honor. Luckily, I didn’t break out in tears. If got chance, you all should try it and you will know what I was trying to tell now.
After that, there was a group photograph session where all the scholarship holders stand together with the board of directors. Again, all the cameras were set and ready to go. With a count of 1, 2….3! All the cameras’ shutters and flashes just went at one time. Click! Clack! Cluck! Cluck! Clack! Click! I also don’t know which camera to look at. Therefore, I just stood there like a dummy being snapped by cameras. Don’t laugh at me! Eventually, I laughed at myself too. Haha! Actually, for this ceremony, I could bring two persons along with me. Too bad my mum couldn’t make it. Only my dad could. I thought of taking a friend along with me as there was an empty space. But the person have to go with own expenses. So do us. In the end, I dropped the desire because I think I’m still new to my USM friends. Today, I went to look out for pictures of us in The Star. Too bad The Star doesn’t have. However, my aunt called and told my dad that there’s photo of it in a Chinese newspaper, Sin Chew. I went to buy to see it for myself. It’s THERE although it was kind of small!!! Who cares! Everyone in my family was ecstatic about it. So do my grandparents! At last, I made it to newspapers! It was like fulfilling one of my childhood dreams. It really makes me feel relieved after a chain of bad events happened in my life. At least, there is a thing in my life that blooms! Here’s the picture of it and some pictures my dad took.
After that, there was a group photograph session where all the scholarship holders stand together with the board of directors. Again, all the cameras were set and ready to go. With a count of 1, 2….3! All the cameras’ shutters and flashes just went at one time. Click! Clack! Cluck! Cluck! Clack! Click! I also don’t know which camera to look at. Therefore, I just stood there like a dummy being snapped by cameras. Don’t laugh at me! Eventually, I laughed at myself too. Haha! Actually, for this ceremony, I could bring two persons along with me. Too bad my mum couldn’t make it. Only my dad could. I thought of taking a friend along with me as there was an empty space. But the person have to go with own expenses. So do us. In the end, I dropped the desire because I think I’m still new to my USM friends. Today, I went to look out for pictures of us in The Star. Too bad The Star doesn’t have. However, my aunt called and told my dad that there’s photo of it in a Chinese newspaper, Sin Chew. I went to buy to see it for myself. It’s THERE although it was kind of small!!! Who cares! Everyone in my family was ecstatic about it. So do my grandparents! At last, I made it to newspapers! It was like fulfilling one of my childhood dreams. It really makes me feel relieved after a chain of bad events happened in my life. At least, there is a thing in my life that blooms! Here’s the picture of it and some pictures my dad took.
From Sin Chew Daily, 25th October 2008
.jpg)
From Sin Chew Daily, 25th October 2008

My dad always snap my photos when i'm not ready. HaHa!
8 comments:
congrats to you... m sure ur parents are proud of u...=) keep it up..
haha..hopefully i can keep it up
didi....
i laughed so happily when i read
--->she is very cute...haha
u oso very cute when u smile..tu zi teeth...haha
hehe..i puji u wor..hapi leh?wei..dun call me 'tu zi' ad lar..u n chiau mei really make me sad nia..haha
congrats to you!
anonymous?aiya..dun b shy shy to tell me who u r..next time put ur name so that i noe.ok?thanks again!
lol..congrats!! the only one chinese guy..and ya, keep it up! ;)
got some chinese guys summore..but i duno who they really are..cuz never c them during interview b4..=) thanks
Post a Comment