Thursday, August 21, 2008

Get Updated with My life Part One

Sorry for not updating my blog for a very long time. So, expect another lengthy blog from me. I have been in USM for more than a month. Loads of events are waiting for me to tell all of you here. I also don’t know where to start my story.

Remember that I’m taking seven subjects for my first semester? All of them are completely a new thing for me and it’s totally challenging for me. I have to start all from the beginning again and not only I am facing the problem. I just realize that there are students like me come from science stream ending up in this accounting course. Therefore, I’ll not continue to lament about myself stuck in accounting route. Actually, my ‘accounting’ life in USM isn’t that bad after all minus the whole pile of assignments and home works that waiting for me to work on with an average of four hours of sleep for five ‘studying’ days.

Yes. I only sleep for an average of four hours per day from Monday to Friday. Wonder what I’m so busy with? Basically, I was busy with the club activities. For your information again, I just sign up myself with another three clubs. You must be thinking that I’m out of mind because I am studying a course that is already out of my comfort zone and now I’m putting myself in all these club activities. Don’t scold me first. Just sit back and enjoy this blog. Those three clubs I entered are public speaking club, accounting society and AISEC. Let me elaborate a bit about these clubs.

I’m sure all of you know what public speaking club is mainly about. The purpose I joined this club is I want to develop more my communication and presentation skills. I felt myself still not up to the standard and I want to see myself progress even more. Well, human never ever satisfy with what they have, right? Besides, the language used in the club is English which I’m comfortable to converse.

Next is the accounting society. Mainly, all accounting students are automatically enrolled as a member of the accounting society. Accounting society is a place where you can turn to for assistance if faced any problems settling yourself in USM or struggling with the accounting course. One day, the president just popped out into one of my lecture classes and informs us that those who interested to be part of the committee members can come for an interview at a specified date and place. Okay. In my mind, I was thinking “It’s not wrong if I go for the interview, right? I’ll just go there and enjoy interview session.” And that’s how I decide to go through the interview. On the interview day, I went with three friends and I could see around forty hopeful candidates waiting for their interview. They are so ecstatic about it and I just blindly register myself as a ‘potential’ candidate. We went into the interview room in pairs and being interviewed by the current committee members. Too bad for my case that I got myself the president and my friend have the treasurer as our interviewer. After the formal ‘chit-chat’ session, they told us that they will paste the names of those chosen ones on the notice board after two days. After two days, I thought I will go check out the names at the end of the day. Out of sudden, I saw the president stepped into my class again and I was like “What is she doing here?” Then, she said she will call out some names and those names that being called need to come to the front. One by one name is called and suddenly my name is out! I just stepped to the front with the others and being introduced to the whole class by the president as first year representatives. My face at that time was like “Uh?” After that, they asked us to gather outside and surprised us that we have to plan for our interaction day a few days from now. They gave us two choices – perform a sketch or senamrobik. Since senamrobik is the easiest, we just choose it in a nick of time.

This is the end of the first part of this blog. Wait for the upcoming parts of this blog. Please leave some comments after reading as an encouragement for me to continue to blog. haha! No joke!

13 comments:

jacklynh88 said...

u ll be ding senamrobik r???

ps: can disable the word verification ma???

j i a x i a n g said...

ooo..ok..if u din tell,i oso duno got such things..sori ar!!

Anonymous said...

keep going on,i would like to know more,(haha)

Huey Wen said...

walau~ so geng..1st year student representative? wei..u shall give me some tips on interview.haha. i always fail in interview..except getting job at The Store..LOL! btw, did u apply jpa?

j i a x i a n g said...

hhaha..i'll update my blog as soon as possible.i already wrote another blog half way..about da part 2..keep checking my blog ya..i did apply da jpa..but i din get.anyway.i already got myself a scholarship b4 i get jpa..=)

冰冰-ping said...

looking for ur update...hahahahaa

j i a x i a n g said...

yes weeping..on da way..but i have 3 more upcoming exams to go..2day i jus finish another exam..i think i did quite badly..sad!my scholarship in jeopardy ad

冰冰-ping said...

i m wee ping...not "weeping"...hahaha
ohhh...aiya...u got high expectation only looo.... u sure doing well wan la..dun worry so much laaaa....hahahaha

j i a x i a n g said...

aiya..i jus din space ur name nia..u so care ar?i always type weeping wan wor..=P

冰冰-ping said...

dun wan laa...like weeping weeping weeping..crying liddat...:|

j i a x i a n g said...

weeping sounds like crying meh??i tot it's called sobbing..not meh?

冰冰-ping said...

weep means cry, so, weeping means crying looo....:|

j i a x i a n g said...

haha..sori lor..i duno ma..but it sounds nice to u..haha!=P